Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

In The Wake Of The London Bombings...

...first off, I want to extend my sympathies to the Londoners affected by this horror. I've been reading your stories on the Guardian's weblog, and I'm proud at how well you're handling all this. ...I want to remind everyone of Doug Muder's (aka "Pericles" over at DailyKos) brilliant diary on Terrorist Strategy 101: A Quiz. The gist is that while retaliation is appropriate, stupid retaliation just plays into the hands of the terrorists -- and in Bin Laden's case, his goal is to break America's economy by getting it involved in as many wars as possible. I also want to make sure that, in all the hoo-ha over the bombings, that news like this Karl Rove tidbit doesn't get lost in the shuffle:

According to The New York Times today, "Cooper's decision to drop his refusal to testify followed discussions on Wednesday morning among lawyers representing Mr. Cooper and Karl Rove, the senior White House political adviser, according to a person who has been officially briefed on the case."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

More blogs about politics.
Technorati Blog Finder