Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Non-toxic Christianity

One can't beat bad Christianity with good logic. It takes good Christianity. I'm doing a few pieces of Bible study that I think that regular readers of this blog might find interesting. Briefly, I note major contradictions in the story of David and Saul in the first book of Samuel. Then, I show how genuine fundamentalists, scriptural liberals, and genuine atheists misuse text, that there is an way to read the Bible literally but not stupidly. I also distinguish between fundamentalists and many people who call themselves fundamentalists but do not actually believe scripture is inerrant. Similarly, many people who call themselves atheists but believe, totally against evidence all around them, in the core elements of the Judeo-Christian tradition: "the arc of history is long but it bends toward justice," "love is what makes the world go 'round", truth rises though felled many times. By the end of Sunday, I should even have the scripture study done. That, unlike political analysis, actually takes time. ------------------- (What, you were expecting me to close the HTML? Blogwhoring *never* ceases.)
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

More blogs about politics.
Technorati Blog Finder