Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

If Garance Franke-Ruta Is Declaring War On Us, I For One Am Not Giving Her Links Any More Free Publicity.

UPDATE: March 28, 2006 -- This post once referred to an interesting piece by a writer named Garance Franke-Ruta. The piece had to do with Bush's suspending the Davis-Bacon Act -- a decision he later reversed under pressure. But since she has decided to declare war on the lefty half of the blogosphere (see also here), I've decided that she doesn't need any hits from my blog. I encourage all blog owners reading this to do the same. As mcjoan said over at DailyKos:

Mcjoan here. Seems Garance Franke-Ruta has a problem with most of us guest bloggers here at dKos because we don't post with our full names. She is going to cease linking to us, apparently, for our lack of transparency. Never mind that SusanG actually gave Franke-Ruta an interview last year, revealing her full identity. Let me just say that when Ben Domenech was writing copying and pasting as Ben Domenech for any of the publications in which his "work" appeared, using his real name didn't stop him from stealing. I could go on and on about how silly this is, but emptywheel does a masterful job over at TNH. And I'll volunteer now to tell you all even more stories about politics in Idaho and what it was like in the old days, if you want me to prove myself. No takers? Really?
I suspect that Franke-Ruta is really miffed that we shredded her arguments in favor of the FEC's tightly regulating all blogs, hence her hissy fit. I only knew about her in the first place from cites made in the blogosphere. Let's see how influential she is once no bloggers ever again cite or pass on her stuff. This will be to her what the NYT's pay wall was for most of their OpEdders: A body blow to her influence online -- and the online media's the only media that's on a growth curve nowadays.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

More blogs about politics.
Technorati Blog Finder