The following e-mail from "an FBI official" is being quoted by Eric Lichtblau of the New York Times:
"While radical militant librarians kick us around, true terrorists benefit from Office of Intelligence Policy and Review's failure to let us use the tools given to us"
* This is the FBI that failed us on 9/11.
* This is the FBI that has wasted over a billion dollars and many years to produce a computer network that doesn't work.
* This is the FBI that has trashed the agents who are trying to get it right, people like Colleen Rowley and Sibel Edmonds.
* This is the FBI forced to pay a huge settlement over illegally infiltrating peace groups in the 1980s.
* This is the FBI that bungled the Ruby Ridge and Waco cases, for which Democrats defended it as merely inept while the radical right made up fanciful tales of a Christian holocaust.
* This is the FBI of Cointelpro, and more recently Carnivore.
* This is the FBI that was found not be keeping lab records at its forensic lab not so long ago... and about which it is rumored has fallen back into bad habits again.
And their worst enemy is "radical militant librarians?"
No, their worst enemy is themselves. This memo proves that grannies could (and apparently do) kick the tar out of the effete, incompetent dimwits pretending to run the Bureau.
I'm really sorry for the agents trying to do their jobs with this sort of leadership. And I am especially sorry for our country, which is made vulnerable by whiners like the unnamed official of the memo.