Friday, June 09, 2006

 

God Bless You, Mrs. Bowers

Mrs. Betty Bowers, America's Best ChristianTM, reviews Ann Coulter's latest book. The review brought tears of joy and gratitude to my eyes. A taste:

Yes, [Ann Coulter] directs an anger that shirks all management on women whose husbands were murdered on 9/11. Apparently, in Miss Coulter's religion, the meek may inherit the Earth, but not before she's had a shot at making them cry first.... Frankly, I think she is simply exhibiting a fierce territoriality on behalf of herself and other Republicans who have used 9/11 to win elections and sell books. [...] But in her mercantile zeal to say what sells, Miss Coulter endeavors to create an image that has apparently had a nasty falling out with reality, leaving them no longer on speaking terms.
If Jeremiah could read Mrs. Bowers, he would rend his robes in envy.
Comments:
Oh, my Lord, that is priceless.
 
Although my cultural knowledge ends somewhere in the 19th century (Baby Jane Hudson?)... well, it's hysterical.
 
I guessed (correctly, for a change) that it's a reference to the Bette Davis film Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.
 
You're right. But I find myself regularly embarrassed by having to consult an encyclopedia to get the punchlines.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

More blogs about politics.
Technorati Blog Finder