Sunday, April 02, 2006
Britain Escalates War Threats Against Iran
I note that this is happening just as Anthony Zinni is now making the rounds of the talk shows telling everyone who will listen that Rumsfeld needs to resign and that we need to get the hell out of Iraq ASAP. I suspect that dissident members of the Defense and Defence Departments of the US and UK are working the back-channel route to try and wrest control away from Rumsfeld and the PNAC Platoon.
My interpretation is that this is standard saber rattling, ordered by Washington to prepare people for war.
2. Revulsion in the Islamic world against the US. leading to removal of all internal restraints against terrorism.
3. Likely shutdown of the Gulf, leading to a doubling in the price of oil.
4. Increased incentives for Iran and Syria to stir mischief in Iraq.
5. Increased incentives for states like Pakistan and North Korea to export nuclear technology.
6. Increased incentives for states like Russia and China to turn a blind eye to such export.
7. Democratic "leaders" accepting further repression of Americans.
Oops. I thought this was the scenario if we have it your way and let Iran build and launch nukes.
More blogs about politics.